Region in eastern Eriador between the Hoarwell and Loudwater rivers, so named because of the confluence of the rivers at its southern end. It was bounded on the north by the Great East Road.
The Angle had long been home to a variety of peoples: Edain, Dúnedain, Elves, Hobbits. The region was ceded to Arnor in SeA 3320; in ThiA? 861 it became part of the kingdom of Rhudaur (although the Hillmen who came to dominate that kingdom appear to have dwelt in the Trollshaws and in lands to the north). Between 1150 and 1356, the Angle was home to a population of Stoors from the Vale of Anduin.
After the fall of Arnor in 1974, the Angle became the location of many of the chief dwellings of the northern Dúnedain--probably owing to its proximity to Rivendell, where many of the Chieftains were raised. In 3019 it became part of the Reunited Kingdom.