Creating Page Redirections
Page names that represent a synonym for a page with a different name (e.g. the names Tolkien, JRRTolkien represent both links to JohnRonaldReuelTolkien) can be created as follows:
Generally there are two possibilities:
- By generating a page for example with the content "c.f TheTerm". The user can see the "redirect" and get there with an additional mouseclick.
- By generating a page TheSynonym with the content "#REDIRECT TheTerm". Users will be redirected automatically when they follow the link "TheSynonym". This page can only be edited, with the Browser-Command? "...wiki.cgi?edit=TheSynonym"
- Example 1: To create an "alias-page" for Olórin that redirects to Gandalf you have to insert only this line at the top of the page:
- Note: In most cases of redirected pages the "alias-page" is supposed to appear in the FolderCompendium (but not in any other folders like Locations, Characters, etc.) as well. For this it is necessary to add the foldername at the bottom of the "alias-page".
- Example 2: To create an "alias-page" for Olórin that redirects to Gandalf AND lists Olórin in the FolderCompendium you should add 4 lines (without the "linex:" of course):