A dread beast, old in evil lord and sire of the werewolves of Angband.
Draugluin leads a race of dreadful wolves and it is from this race that Morgoth breeds the mightiest wolf-beast that ever walked the lands of Middle-earth – Carcharoth.
- A mightier shadow slowly filled
- the narrow bridge, a slavering hate,
- an awful werewolf fierce and great:
- pale Draugluin, the old grey lord
- of wolves and beasts of blood abhorred,
- that fed on flesh of Man and Elf
- beneath the chair of Thû himself.
Draugluin is however slain by Huan.
It is his skin that Beren puts on and is transformed to a wolf at his bold quest to Angband for the Silmaril.
- His might was great and the battle of Huan and Draugluin was long and fierce. Yet at length Draugluin escaped, and fleeing back into the tower he died before Sauron's feet; and as he died he told his master: 'Huan is there!'.