FAQ / Proposed Questions
- What is the origin of Dragons? -done
- What is the origin of the Riddles?
|Lord of the Rings|
- What is the origin of the Ents?
- Who were the Dead spirits that dwelt beneath the WhiteMountains?
- Why is Aragorn a “hidden” king? done
- Who are the Dúnedain of the North, the Rangers? - done
- Why didn't the eagles carry the Ring or/and Frodo to Mount Doom? - done
- Are the Mûmakil and the Oliphaunt the same creature?
- What are the origins of the Hillmen of Rhudaur?
- Where in Eriador did the Dunedain of the North, the Rangers, live?
- Where did the "strange Dwarves" encountered by Frodo live?
- How many Dunedain survived in the North at the end of the Third Age?
- Where is Rhosgobel?
- What images did Lady Galdriel show to the other members of the fellowship to probe their hearts (only Sam and Pippin talk about it)?
- What were the names of the Nazgul?
- Who was the Mouth of Sauron? - done
- Why didn't Gollum turn into a wraith?
- Was the One Ring sentient?
- If Boromir had acquired the One Ring from Frodo, with whom could he have forged alliances powerful enough to overwhelm the armies of Sauron?
- What is "Flotsam and Jetsam"
From the text of "The Silmarillion" 2nd edition, chapter "Akallabeth", it would appear that Sauron left the One Ring in safe keeping at Barad-dur in Mordor during his sojourn in Numenore. As the island fell,"...yet his spirit arose out of the deep and passed as a shadow and a black wind over the sea, and came back to Middle-earth and to Mordor that was his home. There he took up again his great Ring in Barad-dur, and dwelt there..."